Friday, March 16, 2012

The First 48 Hours

I decided to blog each & every day about what's going on in Brayden's world.  I kid, I kid. But I am going to talk about the past 48 hours. Mostly because I'm wide awake, it's 3:00 AM, Kacy is snoring like a freight train, and no one has posted anything to keep my attention on Facebook.  

We got the heart crushing news that we were going to have to stay another day yesterday morning.  It took everything I had not to cry.  My OBGYN was completely fine with letting us leave as long as the Pediatric Doctor agreed.... and of course, the brat didn't.  Of all doctors here, we got stuck with one who only sees the sickest of the sick; so of course she was over protected.  Don't get me wrong, I appreciate it, and I would never leave if it was going to put Brayden at risk. But let's be real here:  

1.  The first 24 hours of being here, I slept a total of 2 hours.  I've watched enough Law & Orders & CSI's in my lifetime to know, once you fall asleep at a hospital, you get murdered.   

2.  Brayden is beyond healthy.  Most babies lose 7-10% of their birth weight within the first few days..... Well, not Brayden.... he is gaining weight.  

So for all you noisy people out there - Yes, I have made Kacy stay both nights with me.  My dad was kind enough to come relieve him yesterday morning so he could go home and shower.  He had the worst timing ever, because the lactating consultant came in to go over the pump, so I made my dad wait outside.  Unbeknownst to me, they asked him to go to the waiting room and he assumed someone would come get him when the consultant was done.  Well, no one did and I was left alone for a solid 20 minutes.  I was freaking the F out.  I tried calling & texting, but ding-dong left his phone in my room.  I was **this close** to walking out there to find him.... bare ass and all.  

I am hoping to get the orders to go home before lunch time today.  My Oh-So-Gracious mother is coming to stay with us for a week or so.  She says a week, but I know I can convince her to stay at least two.  Tradition is, she comes and cooks whatever meals I want, helps with the household duties - laundry, cleaning, etc., and takes over night duty.  Although, I'm not sure how the last one is going to work considering I am breastfeeding this time.  I need to look into the setup they had in Meet the Little Focker.....



Thank you Colletti Family, Shapiro/Hill Family & PKCE
Because Brayden is already so loved :) 

Ready to Head Home

Wish us luck!  



No comments:

Post a Comment