This blog is dedicated 100% to the world’s most amazing mother….
Brenda Mother F'ing Kay Colletti!
First I will start off by patting my sister & me on the back. We wanted to surprise our mom with a unique housewarming gift. Let me tell you how hard it was to keep it a secret. It’s probably the
first time in our life we have actually kept something a secret from her. Even when I threw her surprise 40thbirthday party I was so giddy I couldn’t hold it in. Sorry to crush those who thought
she was really surprised; she’s just good at faking it.
Luckily I have a very understanding hubby who was okay with us paying another mortgage
payment for my dear muralist friend, and Nikki’s “Flavor of the Week” opinion doesn’t matter to me. Some people are addicted to crack cocaine – I’m addicted to murals. Of course, I didn’t want to completely catch my mom off guard with some random permanent painting, so I came up with a
game plan. I sent her a few options and convinced her they were so simple we could do it
ourselves. After she made her selection we got in touch with Craig, planned it all out and of
course not 10 minutes later she changes her mind. Thank goodness though – her new choice
was ¼ of the cost.
A shout out to her BFF Elisa for taking her to breakfast for me so we could carry out our surprise.
Of course my mom emails me right away…. “Something is going on; Elisa wants to meet for
breakfast, weird”. My quick witty response was, “Well, you live closer now and usually that’s
what old people do, they meet for breakfast, embrace it”.
Some of you are probably still stuck on my “World’s Most Amazing Mother” comment, thinking,
that’s a pretty bold statement you are making Brittany, what makes you think you have the best
mom in the world. Well, let me explain:
She is fashion forward: What mom could rock a pair of men’s fruit of the loom underwear as a
t-shirt? MINE!
She is all about tough love: What mom would make their daughter walk on a broken leg for 2 days? MINE! Till this day she will say it wasn’t broken, it had a hair-line fracture in two places; which in
her eyes doesn’t count.
She lets us make important decisions: What mom would let their child pick out her living room
furniture solely because it smelled like vanilla? MINE! Even though it only lasted a couple months, it will forever be in my memory.
She doesn’t sugar coat things: What mom would let their child know they are a murderer and
never let them live it down? MINE! Like the time Nikki killed her hamster because she covered
the air holes with books; Never mind that she was 10 years old. She is a murderer!!!
She has a way with words: What mom do you know that has been in two wrecks yet she’s never
been in a wreck? MINE! Never mind that she hit a dude on a bicycle or was rear ended reversing
out of her driveway – those do not count. She is a great driver and has never been in a wreck.
Mom – all joking aside we love you more than words can express. I am so thankful for everything
you have done for us and I can only hope someday I will have the same effect on my kids.

No comments:
Post a Comment