Monday, October 22, 2012

Update

After months and months of whining and nagging from Kacy & Brody I caved in to getting a pet.  Even though I specifically asked Kacy to wait for me to get the tank, two hours later I get a text message saying “TA-DA” along with a picture of a fully set up tank in Brody’s room.  Since we are a tit-for-tat family, I took Brody to go buy a fish the next day while we were out running errands without JerkFace.  After what felt like days of deliberation, he settled for a neon yellow and neon orange fish.  Not even 24 hours later and the expensive sons of b!tches died.  After the 3rd set died, we decided to try a more obese fish so it couldn’t get sucked up in the filter.  I’m happy to say it’s been 5 weeks and Blackie is going strong.  The Colletti’s have never kept an animal that long. 

It has finally set in that we are a family of four.  It feels like an eternity since I have been able to sit down and write. Time for an update on the family: 

Brody is wheels off as always.  We are working on communicating without attitude and rolling of the eyes (which he is famous for).  He started karate 2 weeks ago and we have already received a hand written letter from the instructor regarding Brody and his friend, Brayden, putting their shoes on their hands and punching each other, not paying attention and running off during class.  He is also struggling with “sharing” toys with his brother.  He thinks it is okay to take a toy away from him as long as he puts another one in his hand.  For the most part they do get along pretty well.  Although yesterday when Christie came over and was trying to take a video of Brody playing with his new toy Randy bought him, Brody pushed Brayden back with his arm and spouted off “Brayden, you worry about you and I’ll worry about me”.

Chunky Monkey is doing well.  Last week he turned 7 months old, weighed in at 20.4 pounds and is wearing 12-18 month clothes.  He’s rolling over both ways, can sit up, and can crawl very short distances.  It’s a lot of work holding that much weight up.  His poor arms shake like he is doing bench presses.  He has been blessed with Kacy’s stunning blue eyes, but I’m pretty sure he will be part Ginger.  His hair is starting to sport some red. 

Kacy is still Super Dad.  Cooks, cleans, and does the laundry.  I am proud to say I have consistently pitched in and I do bathe the boys every night AND put their laundry up about once a month.  Kacy was promoted to Project Manager recently and loves it.  I’m still drafting documents and making coffee, but I have faith I will be made associate of the firm in December J  HAHA! 

Nikki still bleeds purple (Parkland colors) and I’m pretty sure she will be buried there.  Joey graduates Friday from Paramedic school.  He already finished EMT & Firefighting.  The “in” thing to do is be to tri-certified.  We get to get all gussied up and celebrate at the country club. Could not be more proud of him. 

I have been debating for a while on how to handle some unwanted news.  We are a pretty private family and unless you are lucky enough to be apart of our tiny inner circle you don’t know jack.  I finally came to the conclusion to just let my guard down with the hopes that maybe we can educate some people.  Not to mention, there is no way I can go 3 months without posting pictures of the boys.  Since Brayden was about 2 weeks old, they have been keeping an eye on his head.  After failed attempts at repositioning, we were told in September that Brayden has Plagiocephaly and will need a DOC Band®.  Basically, it means he has an "oblique head", or a flat spot causing the aliment of his facial features to grow crooked.  It has only been 3 days since he got his new accessory and I’m not even going to sugar coat it, it blows.  He looks so sad and cries hysterically when you lay him down.  Poor guy cannot get comfortable at all in it.  He has to wear it 23 hours a day.  Basically we can take it off to bathe him and clean the inside of the band out, which by the way, is the most ungodly smell I have ever witnessed.  With the support of our amazing family and friends we can get past this.  Hopefully only 87 more days to go.



Scary Faces


Wylie Rodeo


7 Month Brithday Presents!


Veggin' Out

Preping him


Playing at Grandma's

Brotherly Love


How can I ever say no to those eyes?


Hanging out in the high chair



Testing out the DOC Band at Cranial Technologies


No comments:

Post a Comment